God-given sundays are made of these :)
After a whole week of rain and gloom, the weather finally gave way to sunshine yay. Taught catechism on my own for the first time today and it was really nice. I love the kids, they've all got their own individual personalities waiting to bloom.
Met Sister Jo at mass along with her niece, Yen and her two friends, Aunty Catherine and Bernadette -all from Singapore and all really nice! Lunch was full-fledged italian complete with starters, main course, desserts and tea. My seafood pasta was really dee-licious :) They were so generous with the seafood. Now I completely understand why italians only have one full meal a day - I was stuffed!
And guess what? Navigli had a flower festival today! Milan never fails to amaze me -there's always something new happening every week. So despite its initial shortcomings, it's a place I've come to appreciate and enjoy. The flowers were gorgeous, very vivid colours and amazingly fresh, lit up my mood all at once :) Here are the lovelies:
My favourite lavender (top right)!

The colour of the red flowers were soo vivid, it looked odd on my camera.
Met Sister Jo at mass along with her niece, Yen and her two friends, Aunty Catherine and Bernadette -all from Singapore and all really nice! Lunch was full-fledged italian complete with starters, main course, desserts and tea. My seafood pasta was really dee-licious :) They were so generous with the seafood. Now I completely understand why italians only have one full meal a day - I was stuffed!
And guess what? Navigli had a flower festival today! Milan never fails to amaze me -there's always something new happening every week. So despite its initial shortcomings, it's a place I've come to appreciate and enjoy. The flowers were gorgeous, very vivid colours and amazingly fresh, lit up my mood all at once :) Here are the lovelies:
My favourite lavender (top right)!

The colour of the red flowers were soo vivid, it looked odd on my camera.
Navigli: the river that runs all the way down. Found out the other day that this lake was used to transport white marble to build the duomo (which is really grand). That's why it's so famous!
Navigli: It's usually not bustling with activity, only during special occasions like these.
The bridges along the canals were all decorated with flowers, really really pretty :) This one had baby chrysanthemums and baby's breathe bouquets hanging under the bridge.
Buskers -particularly liked this trio:
The art gallery in one of Navigli's corners. I wanna live here, lovee their balconies:
Giant loaves of bread!!
Sunshine days :)


1 Comments:
I want to live there too! It was nice knowing you and take good care of yourself.
Aunty Catherine
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home