Friday, May 23, 2008

The golden arches.

I think McDonalds gives quite a good illustration on the difference between Italians and Singaporeans. I was standing in front of their counter the other day with Bren, waiting to order and observing. While Singapore's Macs have time turners that grant a free burger if the sand runs out faster than they serve us, Italy's Macs take all the time in the world. The italian guy that took our orders dawdled his way three times to pick up our burgers and put them into a paper bag.

I've gotten used to it by now but it still is rather interesting. Everyone takes things really slowly here and they're all very laidback. No wonder people I meet here tell me Singapore is really productive, efficient and organised. I guess you only realise the extent of it when you have a basis for comparison and you see it in action!

The irony (sadly) is that my productivity level currently stands at one chapter a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home